TRAFFIC LAW AND ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS-BASIC CRASH AND EQUATION
WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENT
Based on the information provided, complete an Aspen University Crash Report Form, a legible diagram, a narrative and include the minimum speed of the vehicle at the beginning of the skid marks using the distance of the skid mark, the drag factor of the highway, and complete a time equation to report how quickly this crash occurred. Complete for the three (3) incidents downloadable below. Reference examples in the module Content section.
Also provided below is an example of the expected final product. Crash 9 is the same example from Module 7. Follow this example for the three crash problems you will complete.
FIRST RESPONDERS- Legal Issues to Remember during Recovery Operations
1. Contact your Local Emergency Planning Committee and ask for copies of training conducted over the last year. What type of training was conducted? What type of training is planned for the remainder of the year? Compare your list with your fellow learners.
Grant are an important way to supplement your budget. They are particularly useful to ensure your agency is prepared to handle major incidents that may or may not happen, and so do not warrant use of regular annual budget allocations.
This assignment is intended to familiarize learners with the process for grant applications. Watch the Grants.gov (2017) video playlist listed in Additional Resources. Find and apply for funding in the area where you work or have an interest. To accomplish this, you must go to the government grants webpage at http://www.grants.gov. Before applying for a grant, consult with your supervisor or professor to determine a need for funding. If you cannot find a grant related to your agency, select another.
Explore the tabs for Newest Opportunities, Browse Categories, Browse Agencies, and Browse Eligibilities on the Grants homepage. Use keyword searches, such as:
At this time, do not register for the system by completing the Dun and Bradstreet or System for Award Management sections. If you choose to file the application at a later date, you may complete the registration at that time.
To fill the application form, it must be downloaded and saved to a computer. You must have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on the computer where the form is accessed. Forms are fillable and can be saved.
To successfully complete this assignment, you must:
WEEK 8– SECURITY SYSTEMS, PROCEDURES AND DEVELOPMENT-Selected Security Threats of the 21st Century and the Future of Security
1. Anyone can record a movie, song, or television show on a personal recording device to enjoy later or share with a friend. This has been common since recording devices gained popularity with the public several decades ago. So why should we, as individuals, have any concern over the illegal copying of products, particularly DVDs and CDs? After all, the only one hurt is the large corporation and they lose only small amounts compared to their total profits. Explain your view on this as well as the current law on illegal copying.
2. Explain in detail the difference between piracy and bootlegging in the recording industry.
3. Who should have the responsibility of maintaining an individual’s security: the individual or the government? What are the consequences of deciding in favor of either option? Explain your answer in detail.
4. Explain the need for security managers to develop and transform themselves into educators and salespeople for security programs. Give an example of how you might present a security program to your CEO. What would your main selling points be, and why? How would you deal with a negative reaction?