Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 4: Social and Cultural Environments, Chapter 5: The Political, Legal, and Regulatory Environments, and Chapter 6: Global Information Systems and Market Research. Watch the BUS622 Week 2 Assignment video with Steve Forbes and the BUS622 Week 2 video with Bill Davis located above.This assignment will give you a head start for your Week 6 Global Marketing Plan Part 2 Final Paper that will be completed at the end of the course. As Part 1 of this assignment, you will choose a “mentor company” that you will refer to throughout this course.In your paper,
- Identify a large company to be your mentor company to analyze and formulate its global marketing strategy.
- The company cannot be any of the following: McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Walmart, Starbucks, or Pepsi.
- Select one of the following companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev, FedEx, Samsung, H&M, American Express, Taco Bell, Uber, Zappos, Airbnb, Target, Amazon, KIA, or PayPal.
- If you would like to select a company that is not listed, please reach out to your instructor for approval.
- Under an Environmental Analysis heading
- Construct an environmental analysis for your chosen company in the global arena and regarding the below factors:
- Social and Cultural
- Political, Legal, and Regulatory
- Under a General Strategy heading
- Based on your environmental analysis, identify a country in one of the following regions for your company to expand to. If your company is already in a selected country, you will examine their global marketing strategy in that areas and formulate your own successful strategy:
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Explain your rationale for selecting the country in one of those regions. To explain your rationale, consider the following criteria in that selected region and particularly in your selected country and analyze how these criteria impacted your decision to expand to that country
- Social factors
- Cultural Factors
- Legal Factors
- Political Factors
The Global Marketing Plan Part 1 paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- (Global Marketing Plan Part 1)
- (Markis’ Edwards)
- (BUS 622)
- (Dr. Lorraine Cigainero)
- (March 15, 2021)
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
**THE COURSE TEXT**
Keegan, W. J., & Green, M. C. (2020). Global marketing (10th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com