Based on course readings, class discussions, and any other sources of learning from this course, students are asked to create a personal leadership development plan that addresses the following questions:
- What are your strongest leadership competencies (minimum of 4), and how do you know that you have these strengths?
- What are the leadership competencies most in need of improvement (minimum of 3), and why do you believe you need to improve?
- What steps will you take to improve your leadership competencies?
- How will you measure your improvement?
limited to 1200 words or less
Write-ups should use standard format and margins (1.5 spacing preferred; 1-inch margins; 12-point font; Arial, Times New Roman or Calibri).
Your PLDP will be graded according to the following criteria:
- How well written is the PLDP? Is it “clean” (e.g., no typos, no grammatical errors)? Do ideas flow logically?
- How well did the content of you PLDP build on the course’s content?
- How reflective and insightful were you in identifying your competencies and needs for improvement?
- How ‘actionable’ are the improvement steps you are recommending?
- How practical/concrete are the measurements you propose?