Compare standards and regulations for health record documentation.
This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):
HS410-4: Compare standards and regulations for health record documentation.
Your boss is the Director of Medical Records at a large academic medical center. He is finding it difficult to monitor the ongoing legislative and policy changes related to Health Information Management. He has asked that you do the following:
- Visit the website http://www.ahima.org/about/advocacy/efforts
- Prepare a one-to-two page report highlighting at least two of the most important items your boss should be aware of. One item should be from the Privacy and Security section and the second from the Coding section.
- Recommend a course of action to your boss for each.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- First, Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- In addition, Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.