Review the following lectures:
Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right” and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the week, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area.
Respond to one of the discussion questions below:
Discussion Question One:
- Experts state that compensation can positively affect performance in many ways. Visit the South University Online Library and locate articles that are linked to compensation based on the employees’ work performance. Post the article in the forum and discuss how you believe compensation influences a company’s performance. Think about things like an employee’s psychological state, satisfaction with compensation, sense of fairness, competitor’s salary, etc.
Discussion Question Two:
- The textbook has much discussion about pay-for-performance plans. This issue does not apply to executives only. It is a broader concept with a purpose of focusing attention on key goals. Answer the following questions:
- Why have pay-for-performance plans become more popular?
- What elements are required to make them successful?
- Does industry influence the success of pay-for-performance?
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 500–1000 words as noted in the attached PDF.