Entrepreneurship And Small Business
The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Read carefully Grading Rubric below for specific criteria: 0-5 Marks
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcome:
1. Demonstrate a solid understanding of the potential of entrepreneur in today’s competitive business world. (Lo 1.2).
1. Design a solid projected financial Plan and conduct a breakeven analysis for a small company. (Lo 2.5).
1. Demonstrate a thorough understanding regarding the importance of cash management for the success of a small business. (Lo 2.8).
Students are supposed to read the attached Case 2- Able Planet. Based on your understanding of the case and basic concepts of Entrepreneurship.
Answer the following question:
1. Experts say that entrepreneurs who need between $100,000 and $3 million often face the greatest obstacles when raising capital for their businesses. Why?
2. How should Kevin Semcken raise the $1.5 million in capital that Able Planet needs? Be sure to consider sources of both debt and equity financing.
3. Write a short memo to Kevin Semcken explaining what he should do before he approaches potential lenders and investors to maximize his chances of getting the capital that Able Planet needs.
· Each answer should be within 200 to 500 range of word counts.
Note: You can support your answer by the course book.
You can use secondary source available on internet.