Education and Income Inequality
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
Prior to beginning work on the Final Paper, read Steven Strauss’ article, The Connection Between Education, Income Inequality, and Unemployment (Links to an external site.). In your Final Paper, you should address the following based on the information presented in the article and other research:
- Describe how a country can measure its income inequality.
- Evaluate the effect of income inequality on the U.S. economy, such as unemployment, economic growth, and other economic factors.
- Estimate the gap between those who hold bachelor’s and higher (master or doctoral) degrees and those who do not.
- Explain reasons why the inequality gap between educated and less-educated workers has been widening.
- Evaluate whether increasing opportunities for higher education can reduce income inequality.
- Analyze what else causes U.S. income inequality to widen.
- Recommend how to reduce educationally based income inequality or other factors if you were a federal policy maker.
The Education and Income Inequality Final Paper