Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Adam and his family decided to take a trip to the mountains for the weekend in late February. They had a small cabin and looked forward to a weekend away from the big city. The family had a wonderful time together on Saturday morning hiking in the woods and enjoying nature. However, Saturday afternoon a storm rolled in bringing snow and subfreezing temperatures.
Since the heater in the cabin wasn’t working well, Adam’s mother and sister decided to drive into the nearest town to spend the night. Adam and his father, not being sissies, stayed at the cabin where they started a gas heater to keep them warm.
The next morning Adam’s mother and sister returned to find both Adam and his father unconscious. An ambulance was called and they were both transported to the nearest hospital. Adam had arterial blood gases drawn with the following results:
His oxygen saturation was 72%. Adam was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Answer the following questions and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource to support your answers.
Submit your case study document.
Microsoft Office: Word
This activity will be graded based on the Case Study grading rubric. You can view the rubric below.
Course Outcomes (CO): 5
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of Week 7