Aligning Operational Needs With Business Strategies
- Use your selected company from Weeks 1-2 for this week’s assessment.
A primary technique of deeper analysis of an organization is the Porter’s Five Forces Model. This technique is often used when looking at your competitive advantage. Looking at your competitive advantage is important to aligning your operational needs with your business strategies.
Demonstrate an understanding of concepts by analyzing and applying information. Do not just report on what you read or your experience/opinion. Use minimum of one business journal article as citation and reference. Do not rely on company website as only source. Attend live session or watch video for information on paper and APA.
Write a 1050- 1500 word paper in APA format for the company. Align the operational needs with business strategies based on your analysis. Include the following:
- Explain Porter’s Five Forces and analyze how company applies 5 forces
- Analyze the effectiveness of the leadership model the company is currently using
- Consider the current leadership style or styles in place at the company.
- Determine the effectiveness of the leadership style/s and whether an alternative style/s would be more impactful.
- Assess how to determine effective leadership. What makes a leader effective or ineffective?
- Consider sources of managerial power when leaders are effective.
- Recommend the following actions:
- Leadership model changes
- Actions (2-3) needed to align operational needs with business strategies identified in Week 1
- Cite and reference one business journal article plus the textbook. Do not rely on company website.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines. Utilize the Center for Writing Excellence and the Reference and Citation Generator for assistance with APA style formatting. Review sample paper posted in Announcements.
Submit paper as Word document attachment; do not submit as link, in PDF or write entire paper in submission area.